4 minute read
- 59% of IT and security professionals cite data loss as one of the “risks of greatest concern in digital technologies.”
- The main challenge is ease of data leaving through cloud channels that operate outside the traditional security perimeter.
- Faced with the complexity of modern cloud channels, many DLP solutions fail to offer prevention at all, instead prioritizing recovery.
- Data loss prevention best practices must be rooted in technology that enables full visibility and immediate action.
The DLP Challenges of New Cloud Channels
- The volume of human communication occurring on these platforms. In the average enterprise, thousands or tens of thousands of interactions per day is the norm. Any one of these could contain a data loss threat.
- The velocity of these interactions. Messages are exchanged at a lightning pace, and the possible risk of data loss is concealed in the rush.
Webinar: Learn how to prevent and detect malicious insiders.
With Data Loss, Prevention Beats Cure
- Define your DLP strategy's objectives
- What sensitive data do you hold, and where are they stored?
- Who can access / is responsible for that data?
- What are the acceptable uses of that data?
- Where is your data allowed to go? Where is it not allowed to go?
- When a violation happens, how should people assume responsibility?
- Secure technologies that offer prevention, not just cure
- Gain 100% visibility across all your cloud channels.
- Implement flawless powers of detection, so that any threats are detected immediately.
- Detain/quarantine attachments, documents, and messages that have languages indicating sensitive data within.
- Automate the entire detection, quarantine, and resolution process.
- Limitlessly scale your data loss prevention program to accommodate the growing volume and velocity of messages.
- Educate your people
- Don't "set and forget"
Deploying these data loss prevention best practices will protect you against every kind of digital threat. To see how the SafeGuard Cyber solution can help you implement prevention rather than just cure, request a demo today.
January 9, 2021