2 minute read
- Business is now being conducted over social and mobile chat apps like LinkedIn, and even WhatsApp, WeChat, and Telegram.
- Organizations need ways to protect data from compromise, while respecting employees' data privacy at the same time.
- Executive leaders and employees want to be protected but don’t want security teams sifting through their private messages
- TotalPrivacy is designed to help organizations balance security needs with employees' data privacy.
Business communications are undergoing a rapid transformation, with business now being conducted over social and mobile chat apps like LinkedIn, and even WhatsApp, WeChat, and Telegram. Organizations need ways to protect their workforces, intellectual property, and business data from compromise while respecting employees' data privacy at the same time. Since the pandemic began, attackers have trained their activities on executive leaders and high-value employees. The recent Lazarus Group (North Korea) campaign targeting security researchers across social and mobile is just one example.
Today's social engineering goes far beyond the email scams we have all heard of. LinkedIn messages, Twitter DMs, even WhatsApp messages – these are now parts of organizations' threat surface. However, employees are hesitant to allow any security controls they might perceive as an invasion of privacy. Indeed, many companies have already gotten in big trouble for implementing employee surveillance in the wrong way.
Executive leaders and employees want to be protected. But they don’t want security teams sifting through their private messages with friends about last night's game or arranging soccer pick up for the kids with their spouse. How can digital risk protection platforms help organizations confront this reality?
Combining Security and Privacy
Today, we're introducing our new TotalPrivacy capability. TotalPrivacy was designed to help organizations balance security needs with employees' data privacy. Account owners' messages are masked, but security and compliance teams can still see risk events, such as Data Loss violations, malicious attachments/links, Account Takeover Attacks, and even detect bad actors attempting to forge social connections.
Organizations need tools that can scan 100% of employee communications on social and mobile apps for threats – without reading or exposing the content of those communications. With TotalPrivacy enabled:
- All the areas of the account threat surface – messages arriving in social media inboxes, suspicious friend requests, and so on – are analyzed by our ThreatCortex risk engine. All potential risks still trigger notifications.
- Teams reviewing risk events can only see the relevant security or compliance issues that have been flagged. This is enough to assess the situation and determine remediation measures.
- Message content is masked and unarchived. No reviewer or SafeGuard employee can access message content. In the platform, reviewers will see: “This content is not available in Privacy mode.”
You can see it in action in this 2-minute demo video:
TotalPrivacy allows companies to protect their employees at all levels while guaranteeing privacy over message content. This way, employees can conduct their business and personal affairs, and have the peace of mind that they are being shielded by an advanced digital risk protection platform.
If you are interested in learning more about TotalPrivacy and how you can protect your employees from today's social engineering threats, you can contact us and request a demo today.
February 26, 2021