Advanced Digital Risk Protection for Financial Services
Whether you are a global financial powerhouse or a regional institution, there is a critical need to understand your digital risk exposure and protect your digital ecosystem from cyber threats and compliance risks. Social media and other digital cloud platforms represent unique external characteristics that can’t be addressed via traditional IT security tools within a perimeter defense.
Yet with the embrace of social media and other digital channels that operate beyond the perimeter of enterprise firewall, IT directors, CISOs, and compliance officers often lack adequate visibility into employee communications, social postings and other digital activities to understand internal risk exposures, let alone the responsibility to safeguard their operations from a plethora of external risks that are intrinsic to uncontrolled nature of digital channels at large.
Some of the most significant digital risk exposure for financial services include:
- Compliance Risk - Financial services is a heavily regulated industry with much of the focus on preserving and supervising all forms of electronic communications, including digital channels. Compliance violations can result in heavy fines and penalties.
- Cyber Threats - Bad actors find digital channels attractive targets for cyber-attack because they are relatively easy to compromise – malicious content postings, account impersonations & takeovers, malware infections, phishing and BOT attacks are among the most common threats.
- Insider Threats - As many as 60% of cyber incidents originate with insiders, including employees, contractors, consultants; knowing that email communications may be supervised, insiders often elect to use other digital channels to hide wrongdoing. Digital channels have also been proven to be the easiest point of ingress or egress for other malicious activity.
- Brand and Reputation Damage - Digital assets are often the target of brand impersonation attempts, social engineering campaigns or digital sabotage; even malicious customer posting can result in brand damage, loss of revenue, and shareholder value.
- Legal Exposure and Litigation Risk - Inability to preserve the digital “chain of evidence” for eDiscovery leaves the enterprise vulnerable to spurious legal attack.
The SafeGuard Cyber Solution
SafeGuard Cyber delivers the leading SaaS platform to manage the full life cycle of Digital Risk Protection, so enterprises can detect, analyze, defend and prevent cybersecurity attacks in real time – while automating governance and compliance. The SafeGuard Cyber platform empowers security, risk and compliance professionals to protect their social and digital channels while enabling the adoption of these technologies across the enterprise Without Fear.
Financial institutions of all sizes around the world have adopted the SafeGuard Cyber SaaS platform approach as the most comprehensive way protect their digital channels from the dual threat of cyber exploits and compliance vulnerabilities that occur outside the perimeter of the firewall. Capabilities include:
- Real-time Compliance - automates real-time, policy-driven supervision of user activity and communications, with contextual analytics and risk scoring to flag or take down content with high potential for policy violations while reducing false positives; pre-built policies pages for financial regulations including FINRA, SEC, MiFID II, IIROC, MFA, FCA & GDPR; customizable and extendable.
- Cyber Defense – provides independent surveillance of account activity across the organization’s digital network; evaluates all postings, images, attachments and links for malicious content, inappropriate behavior, malware or other violations; suspends unauthorized accounts; takes down malicious posting or malware; takes down accounts under suspicion of ATO; deflects BOT attack; places high risk incidents under review for permanent remediation; generates audit trail for events and activities forensic investigation.
- Archival Retention – automates the capture of all communications and content, including all postings, attachments, images, links and metadata across all digital channels, to secure, immutable, compliance archive with full retention lifecycle management and defensible disposition.
- eDiscovery and Litigation Readiness - provides full metadata and text indexing, and advanced search capabilities to enable collection and export for eDiscovery, legal hold in place, as well as APIs to facilitate advanced integration with designated enterprise eDiscovery systems.
- Pervasive Channel Coverage – integrates with over 50 of the most popular digital channels, organized across 4 distinct digital networking categories including social media, mobile communications, collaboration networks, unified communications, and enterprise clouds.
Customers can be up and running in minutes with no on-premises systems to be installed. Pre-configured agents embedded in all the major social and digital channels route the data to our cloud where a powerful AI based system of policies identifies anomalies and takes real-time steps to protect the enterprise at massive scale.