Advanced Digital Risk Protection for Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
The pharmaceutical and life sciences industries are some of the most complex and highly regulated in the world. Time-to-market and productivity pressures are intense. Access to real-time communications and information for clinical trials, production processes, and business operations is critical. This requires a more flexible and responsive IT operating environment. Digital transformation of the industry is well under way and pervasive in international markets; everything from cloud-based CMS applications such as Veeva, to Twitter and Facebook for customer engagement, mobile apps such as WhatsApp and WeChat for communications, and every imaginable value chain interaction.
Yet with the embrace of these social media and other digital channels that operate beyond the perimeter of enterprise firewall, IT directors, CISOs, and compliance officers often lack adequate visibility into employee communications, social postings and other digital activities to understand internal risk exposures, let alone the responsibility to safeguard their operations from a plethora of external compliance risks and cyber threats that are endemic to the nature of digital channels at large.
Some of the most significant digital risk exposure for Pharma & Life Sciences include:
- Compliance Risk – Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences are heavily regulated industries with much of the focus on FDA guidelines regarding proper disclosure of risk information for prescription drugs, monitoring off-label use, correcting 3rd party misrepresentations, safeguarding of sensitive Personal Health Information (PHI), tracking of potential adverse events; all of which requires supervision of employee communications and stringent record keeping across all forms of electronic communications --digital channels are no exception. Compliance violations can result in heavy fines and penalties.
- Cyber Threats – The pharmaceutical industry is a prime target for hackers and cyber criminals, where there is a robust market on the dark web for everything from sensitive healthcare records, to intellectual property and other trade secrets. Bad actors find digital channels attractive targets for cyber-attack because they are relatively easy to compromise – malicious content postings, account impersonations & takeovers, malware infections, phishing and BOT attack are among the most common threats.
- Insider and Third-Party Risk - As many as 60% of cyber incidents originate with insiders, including employees, outsourced service providers, consultants; digital channels have proven to be easiest point of ingress or egress for exposure to cyberattacks, and compliance violations.
- Brand and Reputation Damage - Digital assets are often the target of brand impersonation attempts, social engineering campaigns or digital sabotage; even malicious customer posting can result in brand damage, loss of revenue and shareholder value.
- Legal Exposure and Litigation Risk - Inability to preserve the digital “chain of evidence” for eDiscovery leaves the enterprise vulnerable to spurious legal attack.
Whether you are running clinical trials, managing production or driving business operations, there is a critical need to understand your digital risk exposure and protect your digital channels.
The SafeGuard Cyber Solution
SafeGuard Cyber delivers the leading SaaS platform to manage the full life cycle of Digital Risk Protection, so enterprises can detect, analyze, defend, and prevent cybersecurity attacks in real time – while automating governance and compliance. The SafeGuard Cyber platform empowers security, risk, and compliance professionals to protect their social and digital channels while enabling the adoption of these technologies across the enterprise Without Fear.
Pharmaceutical and life science companies of all sizes around the world have adopted the SafeGuard Cyber SaaS solution as the most comprehensive way protect their digital channels from the dual threat of compliance vulnerabilities and cyber exploits that occur outside the perimeter of the firewall.
- Real-time Compliance – provides real-time, automated, policy-driven supervision of all digital channel communications, with contextual analytics and risk scoring to identify potentially high risk communications. This includes off-label promotions, adverse events, unbalance risk disclosures, unprotected transmission of PHI & PII, and unwarranted disclosure IP and other sensitive information. All compliance policies are customizable and extensible for HR and other corporate requirements.
- Cyber Defense – provides independent surveillance of account activity across the organization’s digital network; evaluates all postings, images, attachments and links for malicious content, inappropriate behavior, malware or other violations; suspends unauthorized accounts; takes down malicious posting or malware; takes down accounts under suspicion of ATO or compromise; deflects BOT attack; places high risk incidents under review for permanent remediation; generates audit trail for events and activities forensic investigation.
- Archival Retention – automates the capture of all communications and content, including all postings, attachments, images, links and meta data across all digital channel, to secure, immutable, compliance archive with full retention lifecycle management and defensible disposition.
- eDiscovery and Litigation Readiness - provides full metadata and text indexing, and advanced search capabilities to enable collection and export for eDiscovery, legal hold in place, as well as APIs to facilitate advanced integration with designated enterprise eDiscovery systems.
- Pervasive Channel Coverage – integrates with over 50 of the most popular digital channels, organized across 4 distinct digital networking categories including social media, mobile communications, collaboration networks, unified communications, and enterprise clouds.
Customers can be up and running in minutes with no on-premises systems to be installed. Pre-configured agents embedded in all the major social and digital channels route the data to our cloud where a powerful AI based system of policies identifies anomalies and takes real-time steps to protect the enterprise at massive scale.